Tuesday 26 November 2013

Cork Pendant General Swaps for Convention '13 with Top Tips!

Hi there,
Today I have some different General Swaps I created with the Cork pendants as the feature, these were easy to make with a few Top Tips which I will share as I go!!
So, to make the pendants I simply purchased new corks online and a small vice to hold them, then I took a sharp(ish) kitchen knife and sliced them into circles. This takes a bit of practice to get them all the same width (mine weren't) and staraight (mine were not that either, but I did try ;-))
 So, First TIP: Sand the cork circles after cutting and before colouring and stamping to get the best coverage and neaten the whole charm.
TOP TIP 2: I inked the whole cork round by pressing it into an ink pad, I tried using pens but didn't like the effect. Also you need to choose pale colour as the cork darkens the colours, the darker colours are nice but I found it was too hard to see the stamped decoration on these. 
So, I coloured mine with Soft Sky, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, So Saffron and I did make just one with Pear Pizazz  too ;-)
So, this was the basic layout for all the cards. I did also add small eyes to the top of the cork pendants so they can be removed and made into necklaces, pendants for bracelets or even earrings if you'd like.
Top Tip 3: Ink the whole charm using SU! classic ink pads but only stamp with Staz On for the images, I tried stamping the images with the classic pads but the colour bled overnight, so I had to re-sand and re-stamp!  
The pink version used the cute little butterflies from Make a Cake
 The Pool Party version used a Papillon Potpourri butterfly
 So Saffron colour used En Fracaise and Summer Silhouettes
 and the Soft Sky pendant (teamed with Island Indigo card) used Betsy's Blossoms, I think this was my favourite, I liked how the flowers looked stamped on the charm :-)
 finally, the Pear Pizazz with old Olive version, I made this but thought it might be too dark but as I had finished it I made it up into a card anyway ;-)
TOP TIP 4: Add your rhinestones then coat in Crystal Effects, the stones won't adhere well on their own and also the ink will rub off  too, Crystal effects will seal both the ink and gem!
And finally here they all are together...
 Well, that's me for today, I have a boat load of things to do for tomorrow's class so I'll see you back here soon :-)
Stampin' Hugs for today,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...