Wednesday 27 November 2013

Hearts a Flutter Card #1 for SU! Convention '13 in Manchester

Hello there,
I had a lovely time today making Christmas cards at my last stamp-a-stack before Christmas, I do have one General class still though if you fancy joining us? It runs on the 7th, 10th and 11th December with plenty of carol singing (optional ;-)) and mince pies too!! Message me to come along!
So, before convention SU! had a competition to have a chance at winning some prizes by making a card, scrapbook page or 3d item and so I figured I would give it a go! Sadly, I didn't win but hey, I had fun trying! 
This is the first card I made using the Hearts a Flutter stamps and matching dies...
 I used a colour combo of Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana and Smoky Slate, I love this combo! This simple ribbon rose was made with Crisp Cantaloupe ruffled ribbon which I simply adhered to a 3/4" punched circle of card coated in sticky strip and cupped with a DSP flower made using the Boho Blossom Punch
 This 'love' element was made by die cutting the Expressions Thinlits five times,
TIP: Use baking parchment or wax paper between the die and the card and the die cut shape simply pops out, no problems!
Layer them up using a glue pen then coat with Crystal Effects for this lovely shine ;-)
and I added a scalloped edge across the bottom with the Large Scalloped Edgelits die.
These edgelits are made so much easier to use with the help of the Magnetic Platform!
and here it is on the display board...
and closer...
OK, that's all for today, I have work tonight so I need to try and pack up from today's class before I go ;-)
Thanks for looking today,
Stampin' Hugs,
  

5 comments:

  1. Dear Sarah-Jane,
    I love your card (I follow you with email and read every post). Can I ask you how you manage to glue down the thin 'love' without any sign of glue spreading around it? When I try to stick down these kind of cut outs, it is always a mess! Thanks for replying, Nessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nessie,
      Thanks for your comments and for visiting.
      When I did the glueing for this die I just dabbed dots all along the back of the shape using my glue pen while resting it on scrap paper, then adhered it to the card. Stacking them on top of each other if desired. I would recommend glueing and adhering then going onto the next one rather than glueing lots then stacking, hth
      Hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I love the little ribbon flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi SJ - your card is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to have a go at that little flower - yummy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...