Monday 25 November 2013

Special Team Swaps, Lavender Bags made from 1" Ribbon

Hello!
Well, I'm back from the most amazing time at Stampin' Up! convention in Manchester. It was so great to meet up with old friends, make new friends and of course be totally inspired by wonderful projects and products ;-) I would 100%  recommend this experience to anyone and everyone who loves to create!!
So, as I was going I decided to join in a Jem's team swap (32 of us decided to go one better and make special swaps) and I decided to make lavender sachets with the Cherry Cobbler Stitched edge Grosgrain ribbon (this is actually on offer with boxes this month too! see HERE)
I cut pieces of the ribbon to 18cm lengths and sewed up each side, stuffed them full of yummy smelling lavender (with the help of Zoe) and added a hand made/stamped cork charm to each bag (more on these charms tomorrow).
Each lavender bag was then added to a co-ordinating (to the charm) card base, the background on this first one was embossed with the Honeycomb Folder and stamped using Versamark using Make a Cake stamp set
This design uses the Betsy's Blossoms set and the Chevron Folder, the card behind is actually Island Indigo, not that it looks like it here!
This one uses Papillon Potpourri
Erm, not sure what happened to my colours on this photo either but the base card was actually Old Olive!! Anyway, the stamp set used for this was Summer Silhouettes with some En Francais too :-)
OK, that's all for today but I will be back tomorrow with more details on the rest of my general swaps including how to make your own Cork Charms too!!
Thanks for looking and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for more ;-)
Stampin' Hugs for today,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-You for any comments you may leave, I appreciate the time it takes to do so and I love to read them all :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...